14 October, 2014


Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger has apologised for his push on opposition coach Jose Mourinho in their sides’ match-up earlier this month. The French manager was involved in a minor spat with the Blues boss after pushing him aside in attempt to reach injured player Alexis Sanchez on the field of play, as his side suffered a 2-0 loss to the current English Premier League leaders.

When asked if he regretted his push on the Portuguese coach, Wenger at the time said, “No,” he replied. “What is to regret after that?

“I wanted to go from A to B and somebody confronted me in between without any sign of welcome. B was Sanchez, to see how badly he was injured. Honestly, I don’t listen to what [Mourinho] says.”

However, the Gunners’ boss has since apologised for his actions, but insists he was provoked by Mourinho.
“They gave too much importance to this story,” he told French television show Téléfoot. “In hindsight I think I should not have reacted at all, it’s not a way to behave on a football field.

“I always regret any signs of violence and I apologise, but that’s a part of games where everything is manic. And then we have quite a substantial past. Did Mourinho provoke me? That is how I felt. I did not enter Chelsea’s technical area.”

Mourinho’s response to Wenger’s statement was brief, refusing to entertain any more thoughts on the matter.

“I have no words to explain what everybody saw in those images,” he told Téléfoot.

Follow us on Twitter: @folabright BB PIN 29CA0A02 http://pin.bbm.com/C0036FFAD Be prepared!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT

Like us

Contact Us Form

Name

Email *

Message *