04 September, 2014

on

Former Borno state governor Alimodu Sheriff, who was accused by Australian Boko Haram negotiator Stephen Davis of being a sponsor of Boko Haram, held a press conference in Abuja yesterday as he tried to dissociate himself from Boko Haram. He vehemently denied this at the press conference

He denied the claims and said he plans to sue Mr Davis. He said the campaign against him is 'callous and uncalled for. He described the allegations as political.

He said as he was crying;

“I have no association with any terrorists anywhere,” Mr. Sheriff said. “I have never met the group. I cannot be a sponsor of a group I have not met before. I don’t have foot soldiers, as they alleged.”

In tears, he also added;


“My defection from the APC seemed to have galvanised my detractors who have converted the matter into a political weapon,” he said.

“As you all are aware, my name is being mentioned for obvious political reasons as a culprit over the unfortunate happenings in Borno state and some parts of the country, especially from the 2009 Boko Haram episode to date,” he said.

“I must say that I have been utterly embarrassed by some of the negative comments, insinuations and unfounded accusations which were clearly misdirected, narrow and mischievous.



Be prepared!!! @folabright

0 comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT

Like us

Contact Us Form

Name

Email *

Message *